5 STEP PROCESS TO FORGIVE PEOPLE WHO HAVE BETRAYED YOU
If we don’t release them, it leaves the door open for this pain to follow us into our next season. Ephesians 4:27 (NIV) says,” Do not give the devil a foothold.”
- You must decide to forgive those who have hurt you. (Matthew 6:14-15)
- You must pray for them. (Matthew 5:44)
- You must bless them. To bless someone means to speak well of them and want good things for them. You don’t have to call them up and speak a blessing, just simply refuse to talk unkindly about those who hurt you. (Matthew 5:44)
- Stop talking about the pain they caused you Don’t keep talking about what your enemies did; it only keeps the pain stirred up in you. (Romans 12:19)
- Pray with groans that cannot be uttered- until the pain goes away. Groan your way back to peace. (Romans 8:26)
In this manner, therefore, pray:
Our Father in heaven,
Hallowed be Your name.
Your kingdom come.
Your will be done
On earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our debts,
As we forgive our debtors.
And do not lead us into temptation,
But deliver us from the evil one.
For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.
“For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.