God is omnipresent and therefore always near everything and everyone. He holds everything together including you and me.
Today, I want to share with you that there’s a difference between God’s omnipresence and his presence as we seek him. The bible tells us:
- “Seek the Lord while he may be found; call upon him while he is near.” (Isaiah 55:6)
- “Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened.” (Matt 7)
- “Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land.” (2 Chronicles 7:14)
- “Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take.” (Proverbs 3:6)
- “I publicly proclaim bold promises. I do not whisper obscurities in some dark corner. I would not have told the people of Israel to seek me if I could not be found. I, the Lord, speak only what is true and declare only what is right.” (Isaiah 45:19)
Here’s my favorite:
“And it is impossible to please God without faith. Anyone who wants to come to him must believe that God exists and that he rewards those who sincerely/diligently seek him.”
Diligence is required for any success. The phrase “diligently seek” in Hebrews 11:6 is taken from the Greek word ekzeteo. It means to zealously seek for something with all of one’s heart, strength, and might. It presents the picture of one who seeks something so passionately and determinedly that he literally exhausts all his power in his search.
This is the opposite than just coasting or just believing that all things are going to work out and God will speak when he wants… No doubt He can do anything. However, it’s when we seek him with all our hearts and exhaust all our power in searching for him, that he will reward us with hearing his voice and answering our prayers. Seeking God – pleases him & honors him.
He promises to speak and demonstrate his power in your life if you seek him with all your heart.