Is your church ready for guests?
Take a minute to answer these questions to find out…
– Do you have good signage outside that easily identifies the church from the road?
– What is the average age of your greeters?
– Do you have signage in the lobby identifying the restrooms?
– Are your nursery workers required to wear a badge, special shirt or something that identifies them as trained nursery staff?
– Do you have zoned ushers? (This means that each usher is over no more than 5 rows and is trained to identify new people that sit in that section)
– How do you get a first time guests contact information?
– If a guest decides to start attending on a regular basis, do you have a way of getting them connected?
How did you do? Do you need some work in certain areas? If you had to describe your church’s guest culture, what grade would you give yourself?
The quiz we offer in our Connecting Your Guests USB Drive contains over 50 questions and will help you get a better idea of the areas that need improvement and will let you know the areas where you are doing amazing! Take me to the quiz, I want to finish it.
Do you understand your guests and how they think? Are you ready to meet their needs and get them involved in your church?
In our Connecting Your Guests USB Drive, we will talk about 2 different families that want to attend your church. We will go through their specific dynamics and walk you through the 7 most CRITICAL areas they need to thrive in order to stay at your church.
This is Kathleen O’Brien. She is recently divorced.
Her husband left her for another woman. She is devastated,
broken, angry and skeptical. She has moved to a new town
for a fresh start. She went to church as a child, but has never
attended as an adult. Her two children of also hurting and
scared. They are missing their daddy. They have never
attended church before, not even once. Kathleen decides
to give church a try in hopes of making some new friends
and seeing if it will help heal her pain. She is not sure
what to expect.
ARE YOU EXPECTING HER AND HER CHILDREN?
ARE YOU READY FOR THEM?
The Rodriguez family has just moved to your city because
of a job transfer. The loved the church they came from because
it has an amazing children’s ministry for their daughter and an
exciting, missional youth group for their son. The are looking
for another church with great family values. Their previous church
was Evangelical, Non-denominational. They are visiting churches
near their neighborhood because they want to get involved in
the programs and small groups that the church offers their family.
They need to make new friends in their new city.
ARE YOU READY FOR THE RODRIGUEZ FAMILY?
If you are ready to dive into how to get ready for these families, come take our quiz and go through our teaching about the 7 most CRITICAL areas of your church for connecting guests. Yes, I’m ready, take me there now!